Wednesday, June 25, 2008

6th Anniversary

Genesis 9:12-16

And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

Rainbows have always been very special to me. I can remember as a child singing "Somwhere over the Rainbow" to my Mom as I played it on the organ. I absolutely love it. Israel Kamakawiwo Ole's version is amazing from Meet Joe Black. Dusty and I can play that over and over and never grow tired of it. It's probably one of my favorite songs. Greta and I watched Wizard of Oz last night and I sang it to her. She liked it, although she enjoyed the witch saying "Come here my little pretty!" much better.

Here's us on our 6th Anniversary. It ended in a double rainbow. How awesome is that! God is great! We spent the day at Morton Arboretum in Lisle. If you have never been there, I would highly recommend it. We plan on returning with the little ones very soon. This is on the interstate on the way home. We HAD to pull over and take pictures before it disappeared. It was an awesome day with my husband. I will admit it was nice to be alone without the children. We rarely go out by ourselves. We almost felt guilty. Sometimes I forget how we were together before Greta and Atticus. What did we do with so much free time? Weren't we bored? Wasn't the house TOO quiet? Now, I cannot imagine my life without him or my children. He is such a great husband and father.



No comments: